Dr. Waltemathe’s firm works with a large network of associates around the world, mainly patent and trade mark attorneys. This allows to act in multi-jurisdictional disputes involving all forms of intellectual property right, to formulate and co-ordinate global enforcement programmes, and to provide global portfolio management services.
Dr. Waltemathe is member to, amongst others, the Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI) and to the Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG).
He is fluent in German, English and French.
Dr. Waltemathe benefits from the following international experiences:
- From 2001 to 2006 he worked as an attorney-at-law for the international law firm Lovells (now Hogan Lovells) in Hamburg and Frankfurt, including secondment to East Asia (Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong and Tokyo)
- one-year-LL.M. course at the London School of Economics (LSE);
- legal traineeship in Paris at the German Embassy;
- thesis on European Community law, leading to the doctor iuris degree (Ph.D.) of the University of Göttingen;
- law study at the University of Wales.